1. The purpose of this form is to facilitate eligible voters who are not included in the current register of electors and who wish to be included in the supplement to the register of electors so that they can vote at elections and referendums taking place before the coming into force of the next register of electors. While there are no restrictions on when the form may be completed and sent to the registration authority, only those forms received before the 14th day before polling day (excluding Sundays, Public Holidays and Good Friday) at an election or referendum, may be considered for entry onto the supplement for that poll. Late applications will not be processed until after polling day.
2. To be included in the supplement, you must be:
3. A person will be eligible for entry in the supplement to the register on or after the day on which the person reaches eighteen years of age including such day that falls within the period beginning on the last day for the receipt of applications and ending on polling day. It would be of assistance in considering an application from a person reaching 18 years if the form is accompanied by a copy of a birth certificate or similar document.
4. A separate form must be completed and signed by each person applying for inclusion in the supplement. The form must be sent or delivered by the applicant directly to the registration authority. To avoid delay in processing your application, make sure to complete the form fully and return it by post or deliver it to the City, County or City and County Council for the area in which you live.
5. You will be notified as quickly as possible of the ruling on your application. Where your application is refused, you will have the right to appeal against the ruling to the county registrar. The supplement will be published in the period immediately before the polling day at an election or referendum.
6. Your contact details are being sought in case the registration authority needs to contact you to clarify any details of the application
7. It is an offence to fail to give the registration authority or county registrar any information required for the purpose of their duties or to knowingly give false information.
8. Do not use this form if you are on the register of electors and have moved residence from one Dáil constituency or local electoral area to another. If you wish to apply for entry to the supplement for the constituency/local electoral area for where you are now resident a separate form is available from your registration authority for this purpose (Form RFA3—Change of Address).
9. Do not use this form if you are already on the register of electors as a Local, European or Dáil elector and you have acquired Irish citizenship and wish to be registered to vote in all elections and referendums. If you wish to apply for entry to the supplement to the register on this basis a separate form is available from your registration authority for this purpose (Form RFA5).